Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scousertommy
Level 8

9.2 Software Update

Jump to solution

I have two Roku TV'S both purchased within the last 8 weeks and both showing different software revisions:

TCL 55R625 Rev. 9.1.2 Build 6453-88. TV Serial No. X003008LONU4

Sharp LC-24LB601U Rev. 9.2.0 Build 4129-69. TV Serial No. YK00CL262183.

Wait time for Customer Service Telephone or Chat Service currently in excess of 15 minutes.

Can anybody explain when Rev. 9.2.0 will be launched across all TV models?

Bernie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 9.2 Software Update

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please be aware that Roku TV models are expected to receive the 9.2 update in phases over the coming months.

You can see more on the Roku Blog here: https://blog.roku.com/roku-os-92

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

When Roku rolls out software updates, they do so in stages. That way if a problem is encountered, not everyone has the problematic version. Sometimes it can take several months for the rollout to be completed. If there's an absolute must have reason for the next software version, you could ask @RokuTannerD if they can get it pushed to your device. Sometimes they can, and sometimes they can't. But he might be able to help.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please be aware that Roku TV models are expected to receive the 9.2 update in phases over the coming months.

You can see more on the Roku Blog here: https://blog.roku.com/roku-os-92

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Scousertommy
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you Danny and I am aware of what you said. However, what I am not aware of is the scheduled roll out date for the TCL 65R625 model which in it's self only came to market 6 weeks ago.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 13

Jump to solution

If it was that new they couldn't upgrade it with it setting in a box on the store shelves. Being new, they were a lot of other models waiting to be upgraded, it has to go to the end of the line, no?

0 Kudos
Scousertommy
Level 8

Jump to solution

I can't accept that this subject matter is being marked as complete.

The fundamental question remains when will the 9.2 Software Update be available for the TCL 55R625 model.

Yesterday my screen was showing Rev. 9.1.2 Build-6453-88. now it has regressed to Rev. 9.1.2 Build 6452.

For the benefit of Tivoburkee there are plenty of examples shown on the AVS Forum of people having the 9.2. update installed even though they took delivery of  the same TCL model later than me.

atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

@Scousertommy wrote:

I can't accept that this subject matter is being marked as complete.

The fundamental question remains when will the 9.2 Software Update be available for the TCL 55R625 model.

Yesterday my screen was showing Rev. 9.1.2 Build-6453-88. now it has regressed to Rev. 9.1.2 Build 6452.

For the benefit of Tivoburkee there are plenty of examples shown on the AVS Forum of people having the 9.2. update installed even though they took delivery of  the same TCL model later than me.

The problem is, the forum admins either have no idea when a release will occur, or they are prohibited from making it public. My guess (based on experience with them here and in PMs) is that they just don't know. Roku seems to have its own mind about how they roll out firmware updates, and they keep it tightly within the engineering section. There just seems to be no pattern to their releases. 

But the question is marked complete simply because the information you asked for isn't available. 9.2 is in the process of being widely rolled out. But the timetable simply isn't something Roku is willing to publicly disclose. I'm not saying it's right, just what it is...

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Scousertommy
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks atc98092 for your perspective, clarification and information.

Any thoughts on why the Software Revision Level would regress backwards to Rev. 9.1.2 Build 6452?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

@Scousertommy wrote:

Thanks atc98092 for your perspective, clarification and information.

Any thoughts on why the Software Revision Level would regress backwards to Rev. 9.1.2 Build 6452?

Now that is a puzzlement. I've seen many different build numbers floating about, and wonder sometimes if they might change based on one or more installed channels. Outside the beta builds, I think everyone with 9.1.2 probably all have the same functional build, with possible minor variations as I said based on installed channels, or possibly different TV manufacturers, which might have slight differences in hardware. Perhaps that build number changed because a channel version changed. But that's all just a wild guess on my part.

Dan
0 Kudos