Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: TCL R617 Streaming Picture Options Grayed Out

Tanner, any updates for us with P605/607 sets that have picture options grayed out after the last update? Resetting the TV did not help and this is most certainly a software issue as it only happened when 9.2.0 rolled out. Again, it only affects streaming apps and not sources connected via HDMI.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amstel78 Thanks for following up. Try checking for a system update once more, and then see if the issue is still occurring. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Not to be argumentative but even though it's "different" software. This is the same problem, caused by an update, across a range of devices.

It feels like this issue will need more widespread attention before Roku decides to address it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@redridernl  Please be advised that in order to continue assisting here, we'll need you to attempt the provided troubleshooting steps to confirm whether or not this resolves the issue on your specific model. Despite any similarities in the way an issue presents, the potential underlying solution is not often the same. Each TV model has different hardware and software. In this case, any comparison isn't really relevant. Its like comparing apples and oranges—your TV is an entirely different model and series from both the R625, as well as the P605/7 models mentioned in this thread. Unfortunately, a solution for one may not be the solution for another, and may require additional investigation in order to find further resolution.

Please keep us posted if you've had a chance to run through the additional steps we've recommended, and we'll continue investigating from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi Tanner,

Problem still exists with build 4503. On streaming apps, dynamic contrast is grayed out even if local contrast is disabled. This behavior did not exist prior to 9.2.0.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amstel78  Thanks for following up. I'd like to gather a few more details here.

Just to confirm, after the update, did you go into Settings>System>Advanced System settings>Factory reset> Reset TV audio/picture settings, then restart the TV and try once more? 

What display source are you on when you are trying to use these settings? A streaming channel, HDMI input device, OTA antenna TV, etc.? Is the TV in Game Mode when you are seeing these options greyed out? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@RokuTannerD no, I haven't reset the TV as others have away done so and the problem remained. 

As I mentioned before, this issue only affects built in apps. If I use a source connected to any one of the HDMI inputs, the picture settings work fine. It's only on built in apps that the option for dynamic contrast remains grayed out no matter what I do.

And no, the TV is not in game mode. This is a software bug that was introduced during some build iteration of 9.2.0 and I'd really appreciate it if Roku could fix this. It's not a TCL hardware issue but rather a software one that came about from one of your updates.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

BTW, not sure why my thread was merged with this one as I have a 607. My issue has nothing to do with game mode.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amstel78  Thanks for following up. This topic thread is not limited to game mode, however, you are correct that there are different models of TVs involved in this topic, some with slightly different behaviors being observed. 

The steps I provided do not factory reset your TV, they only reset audio/picture settings on the TV. These steps have helped clear up the issue on certain models. Please give this troubleshooting step a try, and confirm if the issue persists from there. I will provide additional feedback to our team for your report from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@RokuTannerD thank you Tanner. The picture and audio reset did the trick. The picture options are now working correctly for streaming applications. 

0 Kudos