Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zoeee1218

7202X Roku TV and correct remote

Jump to solution

Hi all, I bought the 20 dollar roku remote controller but it doesn’t seem to work with my TV. Am I doing something wrong or does it not work? I have to get the 30 dollar remote instead huh?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 7202X Roku TV and correct remote

Jump to solution

@Zoeee1218 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

This the rc-al7r? Look in the battery compartment, for the model number, and the pairing button? The remote won't work until its paired to the roku tv. If you don't have access to tv menu, no workng remote? With tv on, press and hold the pairing button in the battery compartment for 3 seconds and release, let the remote communicate with tv. If it pairs you should get a ALL DONE on screen. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Zoeee1218 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos