Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bnsherer
Level 7

65r625 reboots frequently when connected to xbox one

65r625 reboots itself very regularly when connected to an Xbox one which goes through a Denon AVR-X7200WA which is turned off so it is in pass through hdmi mode.  

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: 65r625 reboots frequently when connected to xbox one

@bnsherer  Thanks for reaching out. A few more questions here to help better understand what you are seeing: 

- Does this behavior occur if you connect your Xbox directly to one of your TV's HDMI ports? 

- When does the reboot occur when you have selected the Xbox input on your AVR? While playing a game, streaming content, etc.?

- Have you contacted TCL support yet to report the issue and request any additional assistance? 

The next time you observe this behavior occurring, please generate an issue tracker report ID by pressing the home button 5 times quickly, followed by the back button 5 times quickly. Please send me a private message with the serial number of your Roku TV from Settings>System>About, along with this ID. We can try to help take a closer look from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Boogie7601
Level 7

I am having the same problem, same TV with an Xbox One X. It seems to only happen on the Xbox home screen but I can't seem to pinpoint a specific trigger, possibly related to changing modes or resolutions when leaving a game or app. But it doesn't happen every time and there seems to be a delay between when the TV crashes (and stops responding to input, but continues to show video) and the eventual rebooting of the TV. I saved an issue tracker number which I can send to supportisupport that will help.

Bry422
Level 7

Same TV and having same issue with Xbox one X. As soon as console hits the home screen, the TV will flicker, go black, and then reboot. After the reboot, everything seems ok. 

0 Kudos
MakeLovenotWar
Level 8

No answers, yet?  I just bought the 75" 6-series and am having the same problem of it restarting on the xbox home screen.  I also am having a horrible time with the hdmi arc port not working.  I'm starting to think I should have gone with the LG or Samsung.

bnsherer
Level 7

No answers yet and I am now having problems with the audio dropping out frequently when connected to a brand new htpc, again being passed through a denon avr ( problem is again, when the denon is turned off).  It will work fine and then randomly drop audio, sometimes i can get it back without a reboot of the tv, computer or both)..

0 Kudos
bnsherer
Level 7

Unfortunately this TV seems to reboot frequently I've done a factory reset and now it seems to reboot even when switching to its own internal apps

0 Kudos
jmrb
Level 7

I'm having the same issues of random reboots, not only with the xbox but with the new chromecast with google tv, both of which are connected to a Yamaha receiver and it is when switching between HDR modes.  Last night it was stuck in a reboot for over an hour.  Maybe a defective tv?

0 Kudos
bnsherer
Level 7

So today none of the apps will launch on this increasingly frustrating 65r625, and as i am approaching the one year warranty expiration - perhaps i need to file a claim...

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jmrb @bnsherer 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what external devices are you connecting to your Roku TV
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos