Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evilgoober
Reel Rookie

65R625 update loop can't reset.

My 65R625 tv ever since it tried to update to 10.5 it gets stuck in a update loop.

I can't factory reset it everytime it goes back to red screen and sometimes it just stays on the red screen.

After about 30 to 40 times resetting it will start normal, but it will be on firmware 10.0 eventually it will just randomly reboot and I'll have to reset it again.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 65R625 update loop can't reset.

@Evilgoober

Thanks for the post.

When trying to perform a factory reset, are you making sure to press and hold down the reset button for at least 45 seconds regardless of what is happening on the screen? If your Roku TV is using OS 10.0, have you tried checking for a manual update? You can find the steps to check for an OS update on our Support page here: Update the software on your Roku

In addition, have you tried updating your Roku TV with a USB drive? You can find more information about how to update your Roku TV here: Update your Roku TV with USB​​​​​​

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Evilgoober
Reel Rookie

I have tried USB update but still goes to red screen, I've held the reset button in for a long time and it would not factory reset, but I finally got it to reset all of my info was gone and it wanted me to update and when I did it went into the same update loop.

I finally got it to reset again and I set it to store mode and all my information was back, email, credit card info, if it deleted it why is it back now?

Also can't turn off my tv if I do it goes back to the red screen.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Evilgoober

Thank for the post.

What you are experiencing is unusual and may need more in depth further assistance. 

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Evilgoober
Reel Rookie

S# X00300R8SDLS

Roku tv A108X

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Evilgoober

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with the requested information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos