Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lgpist11
Level 7

65" TCL series 6 Unable to get audio via receiver/HDMI ARC

I am not able to get audio via the HDMI/ARC to my Denon 1613 receiver. The only way I get audio is via the S/PDIF cable. I had an Insiginia Tv with Roku and was working fine with the same set up.
Any suggestions ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
gadrago
Level 7

Re: 65" TCL series 6 Unable to get audio via receiver/HDMI ARC

Lots of information in this thread:

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=114501
0 Kudos
alexm9999
Level 7

My TCL Series 6 stopped working with HDMI ARC recently, I suspect around the time of the 9.1 firmware upgrade.  Previously it would occasionally not sync with my Denon receiver; CEC controls worked but TV and Receiver didn't sync on ARC format resulting in no audio.  If I unplugged the HDMI cable and then plugged it in again the sync would be successful and I would get audio via HDMI.  I believe there is a timing problem introduced in 9.1. 

As with you, I ended up using an optical cable to get it working.  From what I understand, I can still get Dolby 5.1 which covers most if not all of what I stream from the TV.  I
0 Kudos
apodtele
Level 7

You are not alone.

As a possible workaround: Go to Home / Settings / Audio / S/PDIF and ARC, and select "Dolby D, DTS" instead of "Auto detect" or anything with plus.

DD+ connections fails with Yamaha, Denon and Samsung receivers or soundbars, but works with Pioneer products.
0 Kudos