Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Batrobes
Level 7

65 inch tcl roku TV remotes randomly stop working

I have a weird issue.  Randomly none of my remotes will work?   It works then doesn't?  Both the roku remote itself and my firecube remote.   It's driving me nuts and can't find anything online that is the same issue as mine.   Even the remote for my phone won't connect when the TV is off. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 65 inch tcl roku TV remotes randomly stop working

If the Roku tv remote is voice remote, with firecube being effected too, sounds like you have RF interference. See if using IR tv remote will work better, there are many on ebay, you can tell its IR by the crescent moon key where the microphone key is on your remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Batrobes
Level 7

It is not a voice remote.   It is the standard ir remote. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Do you have a soundbar in the front of the tv blocking the tv IR sensor? Or anything else that might get in the way? A voice remote could be remedy for the roku tv remote, but IR from firetv cube remote controlling the tv would still have problems. Smiley Sad 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Batrobes
Level 7

Sound bar is below tv,  nothing has changed in my setup for over a year.  This started happening recently.  That's why I'm having a hard time troubleshooting it! 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Could be IR interference from another remote in the room, in cushion, under a book? Try standing in front of the tv to block the possible errant IR signal, try your remote, move step over and try again until you found which way its coming from? 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Batrobes
Level 7

I didn't even think of this I will try it.   Let's cross our fingers!   Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Batrobes 

Thanks for the informaiton.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos