Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gold
Binge Watcher

55R615 TCL 6 SERIES Lan Speed

i have a 55R615 TCL 6 SERIES connected to a gigabit netgear switch. There is also a pc on same switch. The pc gets dual lights which means a 1000mbps connection. The tcl tv is only getting a single light which means 100mbps connection. The ethernet cable is not the problem as i have tested same cable with pc and it gets 1000mbps connection. Is the tv listed incorrectly online or is there a problem? If problem were to look next?

3 REPLIES 3
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: 55R615 TCL 6 SERIES Lan Speed

@Gold wrote: Is the tv listed incorrectly online or is there a problem? 

Does something online saying the tv should have 1gbps speed? It seems like it wouldn't need that speed for streaming.

If you're not having any buffering problems, I wouldn't worry about. (If something online says it is capable of & should have faster speed, then maybe that's something to pursue.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
Gold
Binge Watcher

yes some sites say it has gigabit ethernet but no such info in the manual. I think maybe the sites are incorrect.

wb6vpm
Binge Watcher

I know this is an older post, but I have the same TV, unfortunately, it is only a 10/100 ethernet port. I really wish companies would stop cheaping out on the ethernet ports, as I would rather have my smart TV plugged into the network vs dealing with WiFi issues, but 100Mb/s is a non-starter for me (I run Plex, and some of my HDR movies can have a bitrate over 100Mb/s, so it ends up buffering).