Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dishevld

Re: 50S425 screen low glow when off

Same issue!

0 Kudos
Moxyman
Reel Rookie

I went through those steps with support and Twitter support also.   They required I send them a picture of the tv at night to show the dim display, but my pictures don’t come out well enough to show the problem.  I have been pushing and hopefully I can get a tech to come out to fix the issue that I am having.

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

Yeah they didn’t ask me for that and it’s a ridiculous thing to ask even with the best cameras!

0 Kudos
chelseaj
Channel Surfer

Hopefully you can as well. I had to really push for it after emphasising how unreasonable it was that they were unwilling to offer assistance unless I could send a photo in the dark of the problem as well as it still having 4 months left of warranty. Spoke on chat as well as via phone and email and eventually a technician was scheduled. 

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

Just got a call they sent a new tv to a technician and once he receives it and verifies it works they are coming out with it.

0 Kudos
chelseaj
Channel Surfer

Wow lucky, sounds like they’re just replacing it with a new one. 

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

They replaced with new tv today tonight 11pm tv off same glow new tv all power settings off logo led light off screen glows! This has to be a power mode issue in the software. Can anyone from Roku or tcl respond here ?

0 Kudos
chelseaj
Channel Surfer

Horrible. That’s what I’m worried would be the case. Have you contacted TCL? I wonder if there’s any solution from here.

I just had my screen repaired today and even the technician said it probably wouldn’t do anything and I’d have to have it replaced anyway. So, that’s my next step. Fingers crossed. 

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

Tcl offered anther replacement or a refund with receipt which I’m trying to get daughter bought as gift from target on target card for store pickup they don’t give you a printed receipt when you do that. This is the last tcl email today

Thank you for sending the requested photos. According to our Head Quarters, we are working on a hardware fix on this issue but we do not have the new parts yet. There may be a software fix but it will unlikely be ready for sometime. The only option we can offer right now is to wait for a permanent fix or we can proceed with a refund if you can provide us a copy of your proof of purchase.

0 Kudos
chelseaj
Channel Surfer

I guess a refund is better than nothing. At least you can put it toward a different TV. Shame that this has been a known issue yet with no software fix given its from 2019....

im wondering how widespread the issue is and if it’s with ALL 50S425 models or just a handful. 

Hopefully you’re able to come to a resolution without a receipt. Maybe a bank statement showing the purchase? 

0 Kudos