Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lmclarke22
Level 7

50 sharp roku tv will not stay on

All of the sudden my tv will not stay on. I'll turn it on, it will load to the homepage and turn right off. OR it will turn on. Let me go into an app, play half an episode and then turn off. I've reset the tv, unplugged it, updated it. Nothing is helping. The tv is only 1.5yrs old and for the past week I haven't been able to use it bc it won't stay on. The TV has been sitting in the same place since I bought and never moved. I have power to tv, the light is on, but tv wont stay on. Any suggestions?
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: 50 sharp roku tv will not stay on

You've attempted all the usual troubleshooting steps. It sounds like the TV has a defective power supply. You would have to contact Sharp about any possible warranty coverage. I don't know what Sharp offers, so it may or may not still be under warranty. But Sharp would have to answer that. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

This does sound like it could be an issue with the TV's hardware/power supply. 

Please reach out to your TV manufacturer to report the behavior you are seeing and request further assistance. You can find support contact information for your Roku TV manufacturer here

Thanks! 

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Lmclarke22
Level 7

Thank you guys! Neither sharp nor best buy will help bc It's been over a year. To say I'm disappointed in a product is a severe understatement. I will definitely never buy this particular product again. Basically, my only option is to buy a new tv which seems crazy to me after only having this under 2 years. I've had my samsung TVs for forever with zero issues. Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
amenahaleem
Level 7

Same issue! My tv is only 1 years old! What did you do?
0 Kudos