Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexinchains
Level 7

43" TCL Roku TV doesn't detect my PC connected via HDMI

I connected my PC via an HDMI cable and whenever the PC opens a game or video settings are changed the TV can't find the signal from the PC.  All applications/games and windows are running the displays native resolution and refresh rate.  My fix has been to either Windows key + D to show desktop and sometimes that works, or I unplug and plug back in the HDMI connection on the PC side.  Incredibly frustrating.  Are there settings that I am unaware of that fix this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 43" TCL Roku TV doesn't detect my PC connected via HDMI

You try moving the mouse to awaken the pc from sleep mode? I have win 10 pro computer connected to my 43" TCL Roku tv, a little movement of the mouse awakens it and the picture shows up on the tv. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
alexinchains
Level 7

My PC does not go to sleep.  My issue could happen when I am playing a game and close it and go to windows, it could happen when launching the game, or it could happen when changing video settings within games or windows.  It doesn't happen every time, but most times. I was using a 40" Sylvania for years and didn't have this issue until I purchased this TV so I'm 99.9% certain that the issue is with the television.  

0 Kudos
Bb11
Level 7

I had an old Westinghouse Smart TV that worked great until I purchased this 40 inch Hisense Roku TV now I can get the pointer on the TV but no picture from my laptop to the TV just to the pointer and I can move it but that's it.

0 Kudos