Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vampyreblood
Reel Rookie

43" TCL Roku TV Internet speed

For the last couple days my TCL Roku TV shows poor <1 Mbps internet download speed. I did have internet problems I found out and it was fixed today. But my TV still says the same for the speed. And it's connected with an Ethernet cable. Checked thru wifi and same number. Even tried a different cable and different port on modem. Modem is fine. Tried everything I've read online about resetting things on the TV itself including a factory reset 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: 43" TCL Roku TV Internet speed

Hello @Vampyreblood

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Try these simple tips and troubleshooting steps as this may help with the connectivity issue:
1. Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting).
2. Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart)
3. Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up the connection
If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds. When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

For more information on troubleshooting connectivity issues, please refer to this link: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Vampyreblood
Reel Rookie

Tried all that already 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Vampyreblood 

Thanks for the reply.

We would recommend performing a factory reset on your Roku TV and then try linking your existing Roku account once again.

Perform the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

For more information, check out this link: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Vampyreblood
Reel Rookie

I did that too. I specifically said I've done everything including a factory reset.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Can you connect to your phone's hotspot (or some other alternate network) to see if you get the same results?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Vampyreblood
Reel Rookie

My phone doesn't do the hotspot thing. But somehow the problem cleared up finally. Tho it's not showing as high as my net is capable of. But I read that Roku TVs are only capable of 10/100 internet and my internet is gigabyte internet. My tv is showing 12 Mbps as internet download speed right now. Shouldn't it be higher even tho it can't use the full speed of my internet?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If it's wired, it should be definitely be higher, but if you're not having any issues streaming then you probably shouldn't worry about what number it shows.  A wired connection won't go much above 90Mbs.  You can often do better than that with a 5GHz Wi-Fi connection, but again, the number doesn't really mean much if you're not having streaming issues.  You can't watch a movie any faster with a faster connection.  🙂

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos