Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Remote won’t connect + wireless issue

Jump to solution

If you have roku tv, there are keys on the tv you may not have noticed, at the bottom of tv, in the middle where light is there tv controls underneath. It being roku tv you don't need a true roku tv remote since all roku TV's use a very old code sets found in many older cable remote, old universal remotes that date well before the roku tv's were released. As long as there is a tv menu key, and cursor pad you should be set.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MrsCossich 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Element here: https://www.elementelectronics.com/support/get-help/ or 1-888-842-3577.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: 43" Sanyo ROKU TV 'Not Connected' No Remote

Jump to solution

best thing to do is to buy a new remote, Walmart, bestbuy or online.. 

Or.. you can borrow a friends remote .. all roku remotes work on all roku TVs 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

How can I connect my TV to my Internet if my remote is not working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

You can't, you need a real remote initially. Sanyo uses the same code set as the TCL, Insignal, Jvc, Element, Haier, Hitachi, Onn, westinghouse, magnavox, and philips roku tv's, so Roku tv remote from anyone of those brands will work on your sanyo roku tv. Or go to walmart, there you can get the Roku Wifi voice remote, which once paired with your tv will control it. They also sale a very good universal remote the One-For-All urc-7935 streamer remote, its on sale for $16.88. Use the directions in section D for Tcl roku tv's. here's picture next to roku tv voice remote:P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Sual76 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Sanyo here: https://www.sanyo-av.com/us/support/contact.php or at 1-866-212-0436.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Roku TV remotes work on all ROKU TVs, you can buy at Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Not in the case of Hisense and sharp, no other roku tv brand remotes work on them, but they share the same code as each other. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have that same problem but the only difference. Is I restarted my system can you help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Nicole7 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos