Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mks729

4-digit code to program cable remote for volume on Streambar Pro

Jump to solution

I have found 5-digit IR codes to use to program volume on cable remote.  However, my Mediacom remote only accepts 4-digits.  Is there a 4-digit code I can enter to control the volume on my Roku Streambar Pro?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 4-digit code to program cable remote for volume on Streambar Pro

Jump to solution

You won't find a code with volume commands preset for the Roku soundbars. All the roku soundbars use the same IR code that roku 12 years ago used, but with a few new added commands for tv power, volume up & down and mute. These are strictly Roku commands, not tv or any audio commands. UEI made remotes with roku code 03061 on board, that accepts advanced codes or efc's can have those commands added individual by entering 5 digit code for power, 5 digit code for volume up and so forth. Saying all that you DON"T need a roku code with those commands, all you need a is a code for your tv!! 

If you have it set up right, using hdmi-arc, the hdmi-cec which is what those roku soundbar tv commands are, with hdmi-cec turned on, the roku volume controls the tv, and tv volume controls the roku soundbar. So program the cable remote with your tv brand make sure the tv volume is punched through to all devices, it will control your roku soundbar pro. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You won't find a code with volume commands preset for the Roku soundbars. All the roku soundbars use the same IR code that roku 12 years ago used, but with a few new added commands for tv power, volume up & down and mute. These are strictly Roku commands, not tv or any audio commands. UEI made remotes with roku code 03061 on board, that accepts advanced codes or efc's can have those commands added individual by entering 5 digit code for power, 5 digit code for volume up and so forth. Saying all that you DON"T need a roku code with those commands, all you need a is a code for your tv!! 

If you have it set up right, using hdmi-arc, the hdmi-cec which is what those roku soundbar tv commands are, with hdmi-cec turned on, the roku volume controls the tv, and tv volume controls the roku soundbar. So program the cable remote with your tv brand make sure the tv volume is punched through to all devices, it will control your roku soundbar pro. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Nick09

Jump to solution

0 Kudos