Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaBat
Reel Rookie

32" Roku tv won't load or play

Mmy tv shows excellent wifi connection.  It shows connected. My issue is I can't view a channel. YouTube doesn't load. Spotify doesn't load. Nothing loads. I have done a factory re-set. I have had ann ATT tech verify that my mesh is working. Any suggestions

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: 32" Roku tv won't load or play

@DaBat Is this a Roku TV?  What brand?  Has the TV been linked to your Roku account?

0 Kudos
DaBat
Reel Rookie

It is a Roku tv.  Not sure of the brand. I have an update.  My phone says my wifi strength was 130 mps.  Tv, again, said excellent wifi but wouldn't connect. My wife suggested trying mobile Hotspot. That worked 

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

The manufacturer of the tv is written on the TV. You mean your WiFi is 130 Mbps? Measured on what? If your Roku TV connects to your phones mobile hotspot then the issue is with your home network. Have you tried the 2.4 and 5.0? If the tv has an Ethernet port did you try that? Have you checked for updates? Restarted the TV? How far away is the tv to your modem and router?

0 Kudos

you are connecting to your phone hotspot? you can check on other websites too.

0 Kudos
DaBat
Reel Rookie

I have.  But I shouldn't have to.  My other wifi products like security cameras, tablet and cellphone all work great.   I just can't get anything to load properly on my Roku tv 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DaBat

Thanks for the post.

If you are able to connect your Roku TV to a mobile hotspot, it would appear that the issue would be your home wireless network. Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos