Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 TCL TVs in the same room side by side

Jump to solution

We have 2 TCL Roku TVs in our living room side by side. The remotes will work for either TV but it's annoying at times because if we only want to turn on one TV, the other will turn on. Or if we want to change the channel, it could affect the other TV unless we get super close to the device and point the remote directly at it. Is there a way to change frequencies or is there a universal remote that works best with these TVs?

Thank you

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 2 TCL TVs in the same room side by side

Jump to solution

You would need to purchase separately two wifi remotes, pair one to each and stop using oem remotes included with the TV's. No more IR conflict since you are no longer using IR remotes. You can purchase them at walmart, best buy, on-line from amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Voice-Remote-Official-Players/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_rhf_sc_p_img_6?_encod...

And of course from Roku itself:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
dgrace
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'd think that the free Roku mobile app maybe let you choose which to control. If you have a tablet or phone it might be worth a try. 

(Note: You'll want to make sure you have Fast TV start enabled in your TV's power settings.) 

[content updated] 

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

You would need to purchase separately two wifi remotes, pair one to each and stop using oem remotes included with the TV's. No more IR conflict since you are no longer using IR remotes. You can purchase them at walmart, best buy, on-line from amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Voice-Remote-Official-Players/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_rhf_sc_p_img_6?_encod...

And of course from Roku itself:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Edmund

0 Kudos
dgrace
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'd think that the free Roku mobile app maybe let you choose which to control. If you have a tablet or phone it might be worth a try. 

(Note: You'll want to make sure you have Fast TV start enabled in your TV's power settings.) 

[content updated] 

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
blade_005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee wrote:

You would need to purchase separately two wifi remotes, pair one to each and stop using oem remotes included with the TV's. No more IR conflict since you are no longer using IR remotes.

The OP stated one of the issues is turning ON/OFF just one of the TV's without affecting the other. Don't WiFi remotes still use IR to turn ON TV's? Even with FAST START enabled I think you may still need an IR command to turn ON the TV and then WiFi capability that can be paired for each device would be in place. Just wondering, not sure exactly how it works.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

No, it controls the tv power same as it control tv volume and mute by wifi, I can turn on and off my tv from upstairs.

Edmund

0 Kudos
LiMaBeaN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem. Roku app works, but I'd like the widget on the android flip phone to show the entire display, not just the arrows.

0 Kudos
LiMaBeaN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Figured something else out. I have a streambar remote which I paired to one of the tvs. It doesn't affect the other TV. So 2 TVs, 2 seperate remoteS which don't overlap. Streambar remote might be cheaper then 2 wifi remotes?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

If one of your roku tv remotes were already a wifi remote, then you wouldn't need to buy two, only one which your streambar remote took care of. Roku tv's respond to both wifi and iR remotes at the same time. So only one of your roku tv's had to be IR to cause conflicts with both roku tv's. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
LiMaBeaN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Right so for now soundbar and roku app if I'm using both. Gna look around for another remote on sale hopefully 😉

dhicks00

Jump to solution

this worked for me as well! I have a stream bar, and two ROKU TV's side by side, when I paired the stream bar to the TV I was using it with, the remotes can be used seperatly, thank you for the advice! 

0 Kudos