Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwolf17589
Channel Surfer

Re: C127X Roku 10.5 Update Broke my TV

Hi Danny, 

I have factory reset 10 times, checked for software updates daily, and tried anything I could find to somehow force downgrade, but to no avail. I have contacted tcl again now, but tried to contact them back in November, and am trying again now. Do you work directly for Roku? I am obviously one of thousands or more people having this issue, why after months has this not been addressed across all devices? Up until know, I loved this TV for the price and features, but now have to saw I'm pretty sure I will never buy another roku branded TV, as of course other issues will eventually come up and if this is the level of the company addressing them not very confidence-inspiring

0 Kudos
jwolf17589
Channel Surfer

Re: [10.5] Update Broke my Roku TV C127X Backlight issue

Hello Roku,

Not sure who controls this, but I was wondering if you could tell me when 11.0 will be rolled out on TCL devices. Also, could you tell me if the 11.0 update has been able to fix the issues that 10.5 caused. My TV still has no ability to control its backlight. I have tested the circuitry, and the backlight is totally fine, its just that something in the 10.5 software has ruined it. I am very much hoping not to have to throw this in the trash, and that 11.0 is a much better implementation than 10.5 Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [10.5] Update Broke my Roku TV C127X Backlight issue

@jwolf17589

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that OS 11.0 is slowly being rolled out to Roku customers and their devices. We would recommend to keep checking for an OS update over the next couple of weeks to see if you can update to the latest OS if your Roku device hasn't already updated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos