Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

1-touch switching opens HDMI-2 instead of HDMI-3(arc) when ARC device powers on

I just got a Denon AVRS540BT stereo receiver. I reconnected all the devices to run through the receiver instead of the inputs on my TCL Roku 55S515 (model 7118X). Everything is set up to run from the receiver through the ARC into the HDMI3(arc) input on the TV. No other HDMI device is plugged into the TV now, and the other HDMI inputs are hidden from the home menu.

When I power on, for instance, my Nintendo Switch, connected through the receiver, the receiver powers on, the TV powers on. So far so good. The TV then wants to switch to HDMI2. Not 3. If I cancel the switching and select the input I want it all works just fine. But it's rather weird that the TV wants to switch to a different input than is being used.

Pretty much all of the CEC and ARC features on the TV and receiver are all turned on for the most communication between the two devices. I have Fast Start disabled on the TV.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: 1-touch switching opens HDMI-2 instead of HDMI-3(arc) when ARC device powers on

And if you go into the settings> system> power> power on (home screen> Whats its set to?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: 1-touch switching opens HDMI-2 instead of HDMI-3(arc) when ARC device powers on

It's set to Home Screen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I'm noticing this behavior is not consistent.

I was just able to turn on the Switch (game console) first, and it turned on the receiver to the proper channel, and also turned on the TV to the ARC input. Nothing trying to turn on HDMI 2. But then I try again and it does.

However, at the moment just turning the TV on turns on the receiver and then tries to switch to HDMI 2.

Once the system is up and running it seems to switch input and audio sources correctly as I turn the game console off, or switch to Netflix, etc.

0 Kudos