Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLill
Binge Watcher

Mini Guide error: TVAPP-00500

Jump to solution

Is anyone else getting this error code when they bring up the Mini Guide on a Roku Express streaming device?  It’s intermittent, but frustrating nevertheless, because the guide cannot be viewed at all when this happens. I get the error code with the following message:  “Sorry!  Something went wrong. Please try again later.” (Well, no kidding!!). Another problem I’m having is the audio will drop out for a few seconds, but when it comes back on the audio and video are terribly out of sync. Example:  you see a person speaking on the screen, then 4 or 5 seconds later you hear the words. To correct it, I have to back out one screen to the ‘Last Watched’ screen, then select the channel I was watching. It NEVER self-corrects. Just wondering if anyone else is having these issues?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: error: TVAPP-00500 on the Mini Guide, also having audio issues.

Jump to solution

Hi @JLill,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

We understand the issue you have experienced. Please be advised that the error code you are experiencing is an Xfinity channel error code. It might be a better option to contact the channel provider's Support directly and let them know about the problem you have so it can be addressed.

If there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know.

All the best,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
fcox101966

Re: Mini Guide error: TVAPP-00500

Jump to solution

I am having ALL the same issues you all are having!  Guide won't load, out of sync picture vs. voices.  I've tried rebooting, un-installing, re-installing, everything.  I only have one Roku but, two TV's with XFinity. The only TV that's affected is the one that has Roku on it. So, I'm wondering if it is the Roku?

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JLill 

Thanks for the post regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Is this error that you are seeing occurring within a specific channel on your Roku device as this error code is usually associated with the Xfinity channel. If this is the case, you'll want to reach out to the channel provider for further assistance for more information about that channel's features and functionality. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JLill
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Danny…thanks for reaching out. This error code occurs frequently when I’m using the Xfinity app, as they are our cable provider here, and attempt to view the MiniGuide.  It started about 8 months ago. I’ve had the Xfinity technicians out twice since then and they’ve replaced every connector from the main cable hub (which is on our property) to the house. They also replaced our router/modem, and ran a signal test to each of our Roku devices and they are receiving more than enough signal. Is it possible that these Roku devices ‘wear out’ over time?  Here’s a picture of what I see  

IMG_5650.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JLill,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

We understand the issue you have experienced. Please be advised that the error code you are experiencing is an Xfinity channel error code. It might be a better option to contact the channel provider's Support directly and let them know about the problem you have so it can be addressed.

If there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know.

All the best,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JLill
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Are any other Roku users having this issue also?  If so, what process did they use to correct it?  As I mentioned, I’ve had Xfinity out here twice to address the problem. They’ve assured me that the problem is not on their end. They’ve replaced every connector possible from the cable hub to the brand new router, and still the problem persists. One last thing I’m going to try is to uninstall the Xfinity app on our Roku box, unplug the box, then restart and reinstall the Xfinity app. Hopefully, that works.  

0 Kudos
develis

Jump to solution

Same issue here on/off for over a year now on multiple Roku's at multiple properties, so the issue is with Xfinity, not you.  The only solution I've found so far, is to unplug the tv or perform a reboot from the Roku setting menu under "power". This will immediately clear up the issue but it doesn't last too long (a few hrs at most).  

With regards to the voice being out of sync with picture, just go into "last watched/previous channels" and choose the same channel.  It will immediately sync.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
develis

Jump to solution

Same issue here on/off for over a year now on multiple Roku's at multiple properties, so the issue is with Xfinity, not you.  The only solution I've found so far, is to unplug the tv or perform a reboot from the Roku setting menu under "power". This will immediately clear up the issue but it doesn't last too long (a few hrs at most).  

With regards to the voice being out of sync with picture, just go into "last watched/previous channels" and choose the same channel.  It will immediately sync.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
JLill
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks. Yeah, I’m beginning to think the problem is with the Xfinity app itself. I did uninstall the Xfinity app, shut down the Roku box, restarted the box then REinstalled the Xfinity app. The ‘Mini Guide’ problem I was having seems to have been resolved (for now) but the audio/video out-of-sync issue still exists, although less frequently. It’s a pity that Xfinity hasn’t addressed this issue!  The Xfinity technician that visited our house told me that these types of problems (with the app) are well-documented.  

0 Kudos
rs63cs75

Jump to solution

I’ve been having the same issues voice video sync, mini guide error. Tried all of the rebooting resetting. I thought it’s time to buy another Roku but if it’s the Xfinity app then of course that won’t help. I’m weighing on the side of Xfinity’s app has a bug they can’t, haven’t or won’t fix uuuugh!!

0 Kudos
JLill
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for getting back on this. I’m thinking the same thing…buy ONE new Roku box (we have 4 total in the house) and see if that fixes the issue. If you do decide to get a new box, will you reach out again and let us know if it fixed the problem?  I’ll do the same…just waiting for a good sale on it. Thanks!

0 Kudos