Community discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John1898
Level 7

airtv anywhere or tablo duel with built in hard drive

Should I buy airtv anywhere to use with sling or tablo duel channels with 128 gb hard drive. Both are about same price and come with inside antenna. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am using roku 4k+

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: airtv anywhere or tablo duel with built in hard drive

You are asking in the wrong forum. This has nothing to do with Roku devices, so the odds of someone here being able to assist you is slim. I personally know nothing about those systems.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Rambler
Level 7

Re: airtv anywhere or tablo duel with built in hard drive

I have the AirTv 2 and to me it's the perfect solution. Tablo will charge you 5 bucks a month for a stream outside the home and guide, where everything for the AirTv is FREE! You do have to use the Sling app to access your local channels but nice guide will work great and no cost, and you DO NOT have to buy Sling's programming to use it. The AirTv anywhere is 4 tuner capable and has 1TB of built in dvr storage if you with to have more streams to other rooms. I didn't need that as my cable in my newer home is fed to all rooms, but one. The one I have to have my Xfinity cable ran to it so I wanted this to be able to stream locals in the room my Xfinity is dedicated to, and the ability to see what all is on in one guide as I do have Sling's service. The dvr recording don't mean anything to me as I have free dvr storage with Sling programming at no cost with my package, but the AirTv 2 is easy to add with the usb plug on the back you can just plug a 256GB in to the back if you wish for example for about 40 hours of recordability. At 86 bucks and change at Wally world for the AirTv 2 I was extremely happy with my purchase. It was easy to set up using my phone also. Using the sling app makes this roku compatible so all you need it the roku remote and your good to go. Also will get you the free on demand programming Sling has at no cost also if you don't want to get Sling. You just need to create an account with them. Lower cost to purchase, and FREE! Far better to go AirTv!

0 Kudos