Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strattos
Channel Surfer

Someone else's Crave Profiles- Accounts on my Roku Crave App

Went to consider buying into Crave on my Roku device. When I chose the Crave App it automatically opened and gave me options to sign in as 3 profiles. None of these profile names are know to me. I have never purchased Crave in any form. The Profile names are Austin (Admin) Paige and Paul. If I select any of them I am instantly take into the Crave channel and I can start viewing shows. I can see their favorites and when they last watched certain shows, etc. as if It was my own account. 

What is going on? If I can enter their App, is it possible that others can log in as me on other channels, and I don't know it?

The first Roku device I purchased was new. The 2nd I purchased was used, found at a thrift store. The Crave App opens on both devices as Austin, Paige and Paul.

I have checked my Roku account and it seems to be fine, with my correct email, name etc.

Anyone else have this issue? 

What should I do?

Thanks

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Someone else's Crave Profiles- Accounts on my Roku Crave App

I went to the Roku channel store, and only two channels come back after a search for Crave: "Feed the Crave" and "Crave Keyword ROI for your biz". Which of these are you trying to use? I'm willing to install one and see what happens, but want to be looking at the same channel you are.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Strattos
Channel Surfer

I'm not sure what you mean? Crave as in the Roku paid programming channel. Like other  services like Netflix, Apple TV, CBC TV, CTV, etc. and Crave. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Are you somewhere other than the US? I don't see any such channel in the Roku channel store.

Dan

0 Kudos
Strattos
Channel Surfer

Sorry yes I'm in Canada. Sorry about that I should have made that clear. I didn't know that crave was not available in the US on Roku.

0 Kudos
Strattos
Channel Surfer

• Crave is a streaming Channel owned by Bell Media available in Canada and is much like Netflix but many would say much better than Netflix.
0 Kudos
Strattos
Channel Surfer

So just think of going to a channel like Disney+ for the very first time and opening it up to start an account but it already opens and has profile names available to click on. That's what's going on with my Crave Channel.

0 Kudos
atc98092

OK, that explains why I can't see it. 🙂 

So, the first suggestion I have is to see if there's a user login within the Crave channel, and if so can it be logged off. It sounds like the programmers for the Crave channel might have left it incorrectly with some login credentials activated. If you can log out, you should then be able to log back in with your personal credentials. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Strattos
Channel Surfer

So I was able to "Log Out" of "Austin's" account on the Channel. Then when I went to sign in, it prompted me to sign in with my email, and then of course said that there was no account associated with my email. That makes perfect sense since I have no account with Crave.

HOWEVER...when I return to the Home Page for Roku, then again select Crave Channel, it again automatically logs me in to Austin, Paige and Paul's account again, as their usernames once again show up. So even though I logged out on the Crave Channel under their account, when returning to the channel, it automatically logged in as their account again.?? 

I do not intend to purchase a Crave account until I know that it is secure, since it obviously isn't for Austin, Paige and Paul.

By the way, when I go to "Manage Account" for them, it prompts me to go to Crave on my PC (internet) to make adjustments. But then I need their email and password to do that, and I do not have those. and nowhere on the Crave channel does it show that.

Also. This is happening whether I use the new Roku device I bought or the Roku device I purchased used at the thrift store.

Very unusual.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Yeah, it seems the programmers for the Crave channel have made some mistakes with the user account processing. 

Dan

0 Kudos