Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku device won’t respond

My Roku remote stopped working. The device won’t respond. It is plugged into a wall outlet. I’ve reset by unplugging the power, no response. The blue light on the front blinks a few times then stays off.  I’ve changed batteries in the remote same problem. I factory reset the device it stays on the language screen. If I can’t fix it I’ll return it and buy a cable subscription. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku device won’t respond

Hi @Wyomingcowboy,

Thanks for your post. 

We appreciate you letting us know so we best assist you. May we ask what type of Roku remote you have, a simple or voice remote? If you have a voice remote, aside from restarting your Roku device, have you tried to reset the remote? 

You can follow the steps found on this link on how you can re-pair your voice remote to your streaming device

Still no success after troubleshooting the device? Please let us know along with the serial number of your Roku device paired to your Roku remote. Its serial number or device ID is printed on the bottom or back of the device. K

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos