Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nuevonova

Roku.com redirects to my county of origin

Jump to solution

Recently I came to live to USA, but roku.com keeps redirect me to my country of origin web and I can't add channels to my device that are only here. What I can do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku.com redirects to mi county of origin

Jump to solution

Your Roku account is linked to the geographical location you were in when you created the account. There is no way to alter that link. All you can do is create a new Roku user account now that you are in the US. 

As to the Roku.com web page, that should be picking up your locale based on your IP address. If you're using a VPN on your computer, that could be the explanation. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
atc98092

Jump to solution

Your Roku account is linked to the geographical location you were in when you created the account. There is no way to alter that link. All you can do is create a new Roku user account now that you are in the US. 

As to the Roku.com web page, that should be picking up your locale based on your IP address. If you're using a VPN on your computer, that could be the explanation. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@nuevonova 

Roku devices are dependent on the location of the region in which the Roku "account" was setup/activated under.  Additionally, some channels/apps are region dependent so depending on which region you are trying to use your Roku device, some channels/app may or may not be available.

Although you may lose access to some of the channels/apps you had in your "country of origin", if you want to get the channels/apps available to US customers, the easiest method is to Factory Reset your Roku device and create a new Roku account. (use new email address).

To Factory reset a Roku device, press and hold the Reset button for 30+ seconds, or use Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset.  Make sure you have a working physical Roku remote before Factory Resetting a Roku device/RokuTV.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102