Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fstjohn
Channel Surfer

Reverting to Roku Home Screen While Watching Newsmax

Lately while watching Newsmax live, Roku reverts to the Roku homescreen.  This happens often (every few minutes) and sometimes, but not always,  seems to be associated with Newsmax going to commercial.  Is anyone else seeing something similar, on this or another app?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
fstjohn
Channel Surfer

Re: Reverting to Roku Home Screen While Watching Newsmax

As an addendum, since Newsmax is what I watch 90% of the time, I don't know if this happening on other apps as well.

0 Kudos
fstjohn
Channel Surfer

Refining my previous posts.  This is happening very close to every 6 minutes, in commercial or not.  Again, I don't know if it's happening on other apps.  I'll try and post the results.

0 Kudos
fstjohn
Channel Surfer

Just checked the News Nation app.  this is NOT happening.  So far, only happening on Newsmax.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@fstjohn 

The standalone Newsmax channel/app has had issues for as long as it has been available.  Normally, the issues seem to affect their LiveTV.

I just watch Newsmax on the other free channels/apps that have it included in their LiveTV (ie. Roku Channel, PlutoTV, Plex, KlowdTV, and Rumble).  

Sometimes a fix would resolve an issue for a month or so, and then another issue (or even the same issue) would again develop with the standalone app.  I only install Newsmax now to troubleshoot or look into user issues.

Generally, if having an issue with a channel/app on the Roku platform, try the Remove, Restart, Reinstall procedure.  Remove the channel/app.  Perform a System Restart of the Roku device to clear cache. (Settings/System/System Restart or Settings/System/Power/System Restart).  Reinstall the channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Jennymarie

This helped me immensely. All my apps were doing this to me recently and I followed this person’s advice and haven’t had trouble since. If it’s not just the app having trouble on its own, maybe this will help you too. Good luck.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/kxupe2/is_your_roku_constantly_going_to_the_home_screen/?utm_... 

0 Kudos
Astu586

I have Fubo and watch Newsmax on that. This issue happens thru Fubo also but not quite as often as mentioned above. It does happen several times a day though. 
it also happens while watch other channels on Fubo so I just assumed it was a Fubo issue. 
Sorry I can’t remember the other channels it happens to but I’m pretty sure it also happens on the ION’s

0 Kudos