Community discussions

Discover Roku questions and answers directly from the community. Find help, troubleshooting tips, how-tos, and make sure you know the latest announcements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgt1942
Channel Surfer

Post failed and I lost everything I had created

I just attempted to create a post with extensive details which took me about 45 minutes. I then clicked on the submit button and it failed "Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.
Return to my original page". No matter what I clicked on everything was lost. 

x2scrap.png

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Post failed and I lost everything I had created

That sucks.

Something I found many many forums ago, is that it's a good idea to write a lengthy post in a local application (word processor, text editor etc.) and then copy and paste it to the forum because once in a while something goes "poof" on the internet.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@jgt1942 

Let me encourage use of a text editor rather than a word processing app. Copy-pasting from a word processing program can bring over formatting, which can cause an out-of-place look unless you paste as plain text.

Detailed posts giving all the information needed to troubleshoot are quite helpful, but as @Strega said, sometimes they can take a while and an off-line text editor allows you to not worry about such hiccups.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Rabia123

Ah thanks for your explanation.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Or at the very least, copy your full post to your computer's clipboard before hitting that Post button, so you can paste it into a new message if something goes wrong.

Now if I could just train myself to actually do that ...

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
AvsGunnar

On par with forgetting to log-in and typing up a long response only to find it disappear. (50/50 shot of it being successful when that occurs).  And of course, forgetting to copy/Ctrl-C  the response.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or just send it in a message to yourself first.

Then copy and paste in plain text,Bingo, there it is. 

Works for both pc and cell.

0 Kudos
fluke
Roku Guru

There is a work around to pasting text copied from a word processor.  With Chrome, the formatting is only copied when doing Control+V for pasting.  If you instead do Control+SHIFT+V then it will strip the formatting and paste plain text.

0 Kudos
jgt1942
Channel Surfer

Thanks, I've been trying to use my Text editor but it seems that old dogs are difficult to teach new things. LOL

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@jgt1942 wrote:

Thanks, I've been trying to use my Text editor but it seems that old dogs are difficult to teach new things. LOL

My dog doesn't type worth a darn.  Plus her spelling's atrocious.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos