Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris-K
Streaming Star

How do I login to Roku device / how do I switch Roku accounts on device?

Jump to solution

like the rest of the world I have 21,000 different email addresses I also have six Roku sticks scattered around my house.

I notice the Roku in my spare room is not reporting the same as my main TV downstairs I can only deduce did it must be logged in to a different account.

Should be a simple solution to just log out and log in with the same email address however there is no APPARENT method of check-in which account or email address on logged into and no method of logging out. Hi Google the world for the method which just describes login in to roku.com which I opened. I'm already logged in it recognises my first name but again nowhere at all on that web page is a method of check-in what email address I can use there's only an option to change it to something else. Sings rather a bizarre approach to hiding my login information so you can't find it anywhere so my questions are simple

How do I log out of a rokustick or do a have to just throw it away and buy another?

How do I find out what email address I am logged into at roku.com?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I login and why is this question even nessesary??

Jump to solution

@Chris-K 

"How do I find out what email address I am logged into at roku.com?"

You can see which account (email address) your Roku device is linked to under Settings/System/About on your Roku device.

You can also login to your account dashboard at https://www.roku.com/ and under "My Account", there will be a list of linked devices at the bottom of the page under "My streaming devices & TVs"

--------

"How do I log out of a rokustick or do a have to just throw it away and buy another?"

You can't simply log out of a Roku device.  If you want to link/associate a Roku device with another account, you will need to Factory Reset it and setup/activate it using the preferred new email address or existing email address of your other Roku account.

You can Factory Reset your device under Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset as mentioned by @andyross  or pressing and holding the Reset button on the device for 30+ seconds.  Make sure to have a working physical remote before performing a Factory Reset on a Roku device/RokuTV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

deeblock37

Jump to solution

I lost the remote, so I am using my phone, I'm afraid that if I reset, i won't be able to use my phone to set up an account due to losing connection to the wifi

Edit: I got it to work without factory rest, just go remove linked devices from your account on roku.com, and on the TV, go to settings > system > system restart

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you need to change the account a Roku device is signed into, just do a factory reset. Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory reset.

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Chris-K 

"How do I find out what email address I am logged into at roku.com?"

You can see which account (email address) your Roku device is linked to under Settings/System/About on your Roku device.

You can also login to your account dashboard at https://www.roku.com/ and under "My Account", there will be a list of linked devices at the bottom of the page under "My streaming devices & TVs"

--------

"How do I log out of a rokustick or do a have to just throw it away and buy another?"

You can't simply log out of a Roku device.  If you want to link/associate a Roku device with another account, you will need to Factory Reset it and setup/activate it using the preferred new email address or existing email address of your other Roku account.

You can Factory Reset your device under Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset as mentioned by @andyross  or pressing and holding the Reset button on the device for 30+ seconds.  Make sure to have a working physical remote before performing a Factory Reset on a Roku device/RokuTV.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Trouble157

Jump to solution

You seem to be the only person with answers.  My roku in my room died.   My husband gave me his because he doesn't use it.  Of course when we plugged his in my remote worked with it but it was logged in to his account.  Had to factory reset it and when it came back up my remote no longer works (which it did before the reset) so now I can't even choose language and continue setup.  Ideas?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Trouble157, some remotes have to be paired to the Roku device before they will work.  If there's a microphone button on it and/or a pairing button on the back or inside the battery compartment then you have to pair it first.  It should have prompted you to do that when you factory reset the device.  It would help to know the model number of the device written on it somewhere, but for pairing instructions:

How to set up your Roku® voice remote | Officaial Roku Support

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
deeblock37

Jump to solution

I lost the remote, so I am using my phone, I'm afraid that if I reset, i won't be able to use my phone to set up an account due to losing connection to the wifi

Edit: I got it to work without factory rest, just go remove linked devices from your account on roku.com, and on the TV, go to settings > system > system restart