Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UDGF1269

Email address being mirrored to another email address behind the scenes Beware!

Jump to solution

I received an email from "Roku" that my visa # had expired and login to update. In doing so I also checked my profile, and noted they had the correct email, HOWEVER, in pressing the red mail icon to the right, it shows an unknown email address @aleeas.com. When I tabbed to the verify email box, it showed a previous entry, yet another email @aleeas.com already populating the box? Investigating that website yielded a coming soon website called "Hover". Tried contacting Roku support, just spins, no response. Bottomline, not going to provide any new Visa info until this is resolved, including dropping Roku as I dont now trust it

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Email address being mirrored to another email address behind the scenes Beware!

Jump to solution

Hi @UDGF1269,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you raising this awareness with us. This indeed needs attention.

We have already passed along this concern to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We also recommend that you check your Roku account through my.roku.com for up-to-date information.

Let us know if there are related issues that we can further take a look at.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Email address being mirrored to another email address behind the scenes Beware!

Jump to solution

Could you provide more details and/or a screen shot?  In my Roku profile, I couldn’t find a red email icon.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @UDGF1269,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you raising this awareness with us. This indeed needs attention.

We have already passed along this concern to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We also recommend that you check your Roku account through my.roku.com for up-to-date information.

Let us know if there are related issues that we can further take a look at.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Looks to me like you have a browser extension for SimpleLogin. If you don't have an account with them, uninstall it.

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Good catch!  Yes, it looks like SimpleLogin’s browser extension edits web pages, adding links to their anonymous email service aleeas.com. 

That’s kind of spooky that you have browser extensions that edit web pages, and then people who have forgotten or don’t know they have the extension think that the underlying website really looks like their locally edited version.  And if they contact support for the website, the poor support person sees the original unaltered web page and has no idea what he’s talking about.