Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronbo1

Colored night vision not working

Jump to solution

I recently purchased the Roku Se Indoor cameras with colored night vision.  Night vision works fine, just not in color. Am i not understanding of how this works?  I am using the app on my phone to view the cameras.  I sure could use some help on this.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Colored night vision not working

Jump to solution

Greetings @Ronbo1
Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding using the Roku Smart Home Camera colored night vision.
Please be aware that the color night vision feature will be dependent on the surrounding light conditions. If you have the settings to dark, the Roku Smart Home Camera will not attempt color night vision and go to full night vision as there is not enough light. In addition, if you have night vision to "on" it will always go full night vision. Lastly, if the settings are turned off and mark it is not in pitch black, color night vision will be enabled. 

For more information about how to change the settings regarding night vision, visit our Support page here: Use night vision on your camera or doorbell

If you have another issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Colored night vision not working

Jump to solution

Greetings @Ronbo1
Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding using the Roku Smart Home Camera colored night vision.
Please be aware that the color night vision feature will be dependent on the surrounding light conditions. If you have the settings to dark, the Roku Smart Home Camera will not attempt color night vision and go to full night vision as there is not enough light. In addition, if you have night vision to "on" it will always go full night vision. Lastly, if the settings are turned off and mark it is not in pitch black, color night vision will be enabled. 

For more information about how to change the settings regarding night vision, visit our Support page here: Use night vision on your camera or doorbell

If you have another issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos