Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cauliflower
Binge Watcher

Bizarre Sign-In Screen for Smart TVs

Jump to solution

Roku may not be aware of this, but I would like to know why do you have such a bizarre and difficult sign-in screen for Smart TVs? Because when a customer is keying in their email address to sign in, there's not even a full screen that can be seen for the sign-up page. But instead, the screen is somewhat compressed and doesn't fit the whole page and the customer has to frequently navigate their cursor to the right of the screen to the scroll-up bar so that they can see the top of the screen and the letters and characters at the top of the screen. And conversely, scroll down to the bottom of the screen in order to see the letters and the characters at the bottom of the screen. And then if you make one little mistake, you have to once again navigate to right of the screen to scroll down to either the backspace key or the forward space key, or to the back delete key. And then you have to scroll back up to see if you have deleted correctly or not. And it's a back and forth and back and forth insane process. Also, I think it took me about 10 or 15 minutes to log into Roku because I accidently hit an incorrect key while logging in.

But I don't know if anyone else has experience this, but Roku needs to look into this. Also, I have never seen anything like this before in my life. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cauliflower
Binge Watcher

Re: Bizarre Sign-In Screen for Smart TVs

Jump to solution

Well, I can't show it to you because I'm already logged in. (And God forbid if I would ever log out again and try to log back in.) However, come to think of it, this could have been a thing with my new TV because I have a new Hisense Google TV (which doesn't have a Roku app) and this happened when I tried to connect to one of the HDMI connections that I have on my TV (which is a Roku device). Therefore, I am now guessing that this may have been something unique and internal to the Hisense brand. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It might help to post some pictures or more details about where this sign-in screen is.  I can’t think of anything that sounds like your description, but maybe I’ve just never used the “wrong” app or used the “wrong” TV. (“wrong” meaning whatever thing it takes to make the problem occur.)  I’m not sure from your post if there is a roku devices involved or if you mean the roku channel app on some non-Roku brand smart TV. (If the latter, that would explain why I haven’t seen it.)

0 Kudos
Cauliflower
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well, I can't show it to you because I'm already logged in. (And God forbid if I would ever log out again and try to log back in.) However, come to think of it, this could have been a thing with my new TV because I have a new Hisense Google TV (which doesn't have a Roku app) and this happened when I tried to connect to one of the HDMI connections that I have on my TV (which is a Roku device). Therefore, I am now guessing that this may have been something unique and internal to the Hisense brand. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Was it a separate Roku device connecting to a TV, or a brand new Roku TV? If it's a separate device, check your TV's remote or settings for screen settings. They may sometimes default to some sort of zoom mode when you want some form of direct scan or similar.

0 Kudos