Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boogernose
Level 9

Re: You may NOT need an Antenna

Thank You as you can see nothing is there really to warrant this.

0 Kudos
Boz
Level 9

I sure wish locast would become available for the Toledo market.  I realize that's not likely...

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 9

Well dont feel too bad. Locast aint perfect. Generally it works but it does freeze and buffer sometimes.

Its a little screwy but works generally.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 9

0 Kudos
doesitmatter
Level 9

Not the same like Aero at all, not even a little bit.

Locast is a nonprofit and under the law nonprofits are allowed transmission rights of OTA's. That is the law that Locast is defending itself with. Furthermore, AT&T and Dish are supporting Locast with funds.

This is in no way a cut and dry case at all.

Yes, cities are limited, but they just added 2 new cities last week. They're slow and limited because they are a nonprofit company and not one out there doing this everywhere looking for profit.

Boz
Level 9

That's encouraging!  What are the two new cities/markets?  Thanks.

doesitmatter
Level 9

Phoenix and Atlanta I do believe.

If you google it you will find the press on it.

Boz
Level 9

Why didn't I think of that!?

Anyway, you're right.  Phoenix and Atlanta.

https://stopthecap.com/2019/10/21/locast-adds-phoenix-and-atlanta-to-its-free-over-the-air-streaming...

shelleyp
Level 9

I checked out the cities (not in St. Louis) and wanted to let you know that Seattle is now on the list of cities.

atc98092
Level 15

@shelleyp wrote:

I checked out the cities (not in St. Louis) and wanted to let you know that Seattle is now on the list of cities.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a try now. Smiley Happy

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos