Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Will ROKU ultra brought in USA work in INDIA without any glitch ?

Will ROKU ultra brought in USA work in INDIA without any glitch ? what are the channels available in roku india. ex amazon prime, netflix, youtube, roku channel., ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Will ROKU ultra brought in USA work in INDIA without any glitch ?

It'll work but only God knows what channel set you'll get there.

Probably Bollywood stuff, Cooking with Curry, and British stuff who knows?

It'll work though.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Does anyone has any list of apps available in india region ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Roku units work anywhere in the world where they can get a broadband internet connection, independent of where they are purchased. The individual channels, however can only operate where their charters and program rights and licensing issues permit them to operate.

Few channels own the programming they show. Most have to license the right to stream their content from the program owners, and those rights are usually tied to specific countries or geographic regions. Sometimes even the program owners can't distribute in a country because they've sold exclusive rights in that country to someone else.

To receive the channels on your Roku that are authorized for your current location these must all agree:
- The country of the IP used when creating your Roku account.  If you've moved from the country in which you created your account, you may need to create a new one in your present location, then link your Roku to the new account.
- The country of the IP used for your current Roku session.
- The countries in which each channel app operates.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)