Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mariebrown364
Level 8

Re: What's Your Favorite Thing to Watch in 'The Roku Channel'?

I am bringing on Crown and Country.  It may be from the 90's, but still quite informative.  I am finding Roku is becoming more fun to watch.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

Tubi, Prime, Locast, Sling, Youtube.....more

I like old weird stuff and documentary's about traveling and War.

I like the random variety available.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
EmilyMc
Level 7

Cold Case, the tv show. I was so excited to see it on Roku, and now just sad and disappointed that it’s going to leave at the end of the month. 

deolsunny533
Level 7

I've been watching "Ice Pilots NWT", "Most Haunted", "Cybill" and any Historical Documentaries I can find listed.

0 Kudos
beachbowi
Level 8

I'm a news junkie. I like CNN. Unfortunately, the app states that CNN Go will no longer be available on Roku beginning 01/04/2021. I feel violated by CNN.

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
DaysiTx
Level 7

Cold Case!!! The best series ever! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 10

No "favorite" as 99.9% of the stuff on Roku channel is already on something else that I either already pay for, on DVDs I already own (both of the above sans ads), or is easier to user interface. I only watch the Roku channel as "background noise" in those cases, similar to OTA TV (if I didn't own a TCL TV, it would even be less background noise as Pluto or Xumo or even Stirr* have better interfaces and the same "channels"). 

If I were cynical (and I am), I'd guess the original poster is trying to drive people to certain content on Roku...If not, then they are really naïve or bored. And if they are bored, I pity them for asking for suggestions here. Watch what you want to watch, not what others tell you to watch.

*OK, I lie...Stirr's interface sucks, but it does have some "channels" Roku and the others do not have

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

Same here really I dont watch Roku Chanel as many seem to.

Everything I want to watch is available elsewhere.

Roku Channel might get my attention if you could scroll it horizontally

as the other Channels. It seems awkward due to this.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Kieran449
Level 9

Anything on PLUTO.

But the main thing I watch on the ROKU is "Cable TV". Most people don't know this, but the ROKU can be used in place of your Cable TV rental sub-boxes (boxes other than your main TV box or DVR box). Check with your provider first. Many companies have a ROKU App.  My Xfinity app works great. I can record and watch recorded TV programs too on the ROKU anywhere in the house, via main rental box in the living room. I can stream LIVE live. The menu looks almost like a clone of the original rental boxes too. Plus, the ROKU app makes my cellphone a remote control.

0 Kudos
wildbilly
Level 7

I just started watching Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie Episodes back in Dec.. An what did the Roku channel do? They pulled season 1 and 2 of both shows right when I started watching them. I am not a binge watcher. I take my time enjoying programs. That's why my family and I hate major network programs cause they cancel their programs after one or two seasons. An that's why I have never watched not one of Netflix's original programs. Now after my venting. Can we please not pull seasons and leave others that you want as much as $1.99 a episode for. 

0 Kudos