Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: What is your most used streaming channel?

@thetick wrote:

@BarneyF wrote:

HBO MaxGo

HBO Max on PC -- > Chromecast because Roku can not make a deal. Smiley Happy

No kidding. I've thought about it. I mean, I've done it with youtube and stuff, but I don't think I could watch very long without reaching for the "huh, what?" button on the remote. Or replay or whatever... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

@thetick wrote:

Well, I logged in to AT&T and saw that I have HBO Max as a free add-on for my AT&T internet. I was hoping I could just cast from a PC with a chrome browser, which works fine in YouTube, but no such luck (pc & roku's are on wired ethernet). I have an HDMI dongle for my Samsung phone, and that is working fine.

AT&T also provided an AT&T Watch TV app for the live streaming HBO channels; momentarily saw it on add channels page for Roku. I logged in and added it, but nothing showed up on the Roku's and it's nowhere to be found since then. Thanks again, Roku. But it works on the phone to HDMI solution until things are settled. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@BarneyF wrote:

@thetick wrote:

@BarneyF wrote:

HBO MaxGo

No kidding. I've thought about it. I mean, I've done it with youtube and stuff, but I don't think I could watch very long without reaching for the "huh, what?" button on the remote. Or replay or whatever... 

Yep not kidding at all.  CEC works with Chromecast.  My TV remote works fine with Chromecast.

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@BarneyF wrote:

@thetick wrote:

Well, I logged in to AT&T and saw that I have HBO Max as a free add-on for my AT&T internet. I was hoping I could just cast from a PC with a chrome browser, which works fine in YouTube, but no such luck (pc & roku's are on wired ethernet). I have an HDMI dongle for my Samsung phone, and that is working fine.

Chomecasting a tab from the Chrome browser works fine for me. What is the issue ?

Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

@thetick wrote:

Chomecasting a tab from the Chrome browser works fine for me. What is the issue ?

At hbomax.com, source not supported (cast tab or cast desktop).

edit:

Source is win10 pc on wired ethernet; wireless would probably fix that if I were to enable it.

Samsung Galaxy S8 "Smart View" button works fine after enabling wireless on my Roku. That will suffice until HBO Max app is on Roku, or Tivo Stream 4K arrives day after tomorrow, whichever comes first.

Also checked with Hulu about changing Hulu billing from Roku to Hulu. Cancel and sign up again, choosing to skip the 3rd party billing, retains all settings except DVR recordings. Opens the option to bundle Disney+ and ESPN+ with Hulu at a discount not available when billing thru any 3rd party. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

My wife likes Netflix and HULU. I use it for PLEX,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I'm not really sure which I use the most because there are several.  It's probably fairly equal between Hulu, CBS All Access, and Amazon.  Then after that, the next three would be Shudder, Sundance Now, and Netflix.

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!”
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@BarneyF wrote:

@thetick wrote:

At hbomax.com, source not supported (cast tab or cast desktop).

I don't know what "source not supported" means as it works fine for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

@thetick wrote:

Thanks, that's helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@BarneyF wrote:

@thetick wrote:

Thanks, that's helpful.

You're welcome.

0 Kudos