Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ant42
Reel Rookie

What happened to Pac-Man Championship Edition?

Jump to solution

At the end of July I Bought Pac-Man Championship Edition from the Roku store to play on my Roku stick. It was great. But now, two months later, I'm getting "this channel is no longer available". Is this a temporary glitch or has it gone for good?

I assumed that once you had paid for a game it was installed on your device and would always be playable. Is that not the case? I wouldn't have bought it if I'd known it would only last two months.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: What happened to Pac-Man Championship Edition?

Jump to solution

@Ant42

Thanks for the reply.

For your refund request, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ant42

Thanks for the post.

It looks like the channel is no longer available on the Roku Channel store and cannot be located in the channel search.

At times, our content providers may choose to remove their channel from our platform at their own request. In other cases, a channel may be removed by us if it violates our terms and conditions. We take reports of piracy or any other unlawful activity very seriously. 

Moreover, if you subscribed to or purchased content on a channel that is no longer available on your Roku device, you can contact the content provider for more information.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ant42
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks.  How do I find out who the content provider was, now that the channel has completely vanished?  Am I due a refund?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Ant42 

A little research indicated this developer (indigoabstract) over at his Youtube page (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWnfRBCAtHU) developed this game for Namco Games and all questions regarding the game should be addressed by Namco at their website. (http://www.namcogames.com/)

The contact for Namco (NAMCO-BANDAI Group) from their website indicates to contact them by email but provides no email address.  Looks like may be a defunct company or will require some more digging into on your part.  

In other words, how much of a refund are you seeking and is it worth the effort?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namco_Networks

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ant42

Thanks for the reply.

For your refund request, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Addie

Jump to solution

I also purchased the game and got removed from my device without any notification too.., that’s very unprofessional. In Steam.. when game got removed from their server.., people who purchased game has option to get refund… Roku should do the same. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Addie,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be aware that If you can no longer find the channel in the Roku Channel Store or the access code no longer works, the channel may no longer be available on the Roku platform.  
Note: If you subscribed to or purchased content on a channel that is no longer available on your Roku device. you'd want to contact any specific channel to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku Support 
Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos