Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UserName1
Level 7

Viewing History

Does Roku compile a history of the "channels" or shows one watches and , if yes, how can it be accessed?  Thx.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Viewing History

If they are compiling a list of customer channel usage, it's not available publicly. I have no doubt they're doing something internally, but how granular or detailed the information is, I have no idea. It might be nothing more than how many people have a specific channel installed, or it might be as detailed as someone used Netflix from xx to xx time. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

Re: Viewing History

Hi,

Not that I'm aware of. I know some of the individual apps/channels, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Epix Now, to name a few, do have a recently watched section or continue watching, or some variation thereof, but I don't believe Roku does this as it is a hardware/streaming platform. It might have something along those lines with regard to the Roku channel app, but I haven't browsed it in a good while so I don't know if they added a watch history feature. I know when I browsed the channel a while back, it didn't have those features and from the best I could tell, most of the content available at the time I could access from other streaming networks that I subscribe to, but that's me. Maybe it's different now as things tend to evolve over time.

0 Kudos