Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 17

Users should post their hardware models

We waste too much time simply asking people what their specific Hardware or Model numbers are.

I wish it was more implicit how vital this is to posters. Or if by default this was published.

Maybe a pop-up form or question before posting????

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Hardware????

Certainly would be easy to implement when creating a new thread. Probably a lot tougher when their question is posted within an existing thread. And there sure are a lot of those... Smiley Happy

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Level 17

Definitely. Too many strings go through the dialog of asking for Model numbers and such.

Anyways I made it a feature request.

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Thanks for sharing the suggestion here. We'll add this into future considerations. 

There is one feature available today that helps identify a specific Roku device when creating a topic, or replying on a thread. We encourage folks to use the option to add an 'Associated Product' to their topic/post to help identify which device their issue relates to. It allows you to search by device name and/or model number. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Highlighted
Level 17

Well that feature is not to be found by NooBs or anyone really. It times out fast.

I wish by default their Hardware was shown. We are going thru this dialog regularly.