Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ConfusedUser1
Reel Rookie

Trial Subscriptions Problem

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trial Subscriptions Problem

@ConfusedUser1 

Imagine how confused we are.

If you're wanting help, describe the problem. Use the text box to tell us what's going on. Imagine we're not sitting there with you, but are instead miles away and can't see into your room. Tell us what's happening and what's going wrong.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
ConfusedUser1
Reel Rookie

I didn't get a chance to finish my problem when I started this thread. What are the steps to signing up for a trial subscription AND the steps for canceling one? I tried it and had to have Roku set up my channel again. I don't want to have to go through that every time I want to test a trial subscription. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
ConfusedUser1
Reel Rookie

I saw an indication where there are 17 responses to my problem but I don't understand how to access the answers. This site is very confusing. Someone help me out, please.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@ConfusedUser1 wrote:

...What are the steps to signing up for a trial subscription AND the steps for canceling one? I tried it and had to have Roku set up my channel again. I don't want to have to go through that every time I want to test a trial subscription....

Are you wanting a trial subscription that's billed through Roku? Or a trial subscription billed directly to a service. Sometimes, they appear the same, but the method of billing can make a difference.

If it's via Roku, then you have to do it however Roku's agreement with the service goes. If that means some hoops, then it's hoops.

If you bill directly, subscribe to the service first, then add the app (not using The Roku Channel) to your Roku device and sign in via the account you created with the service directly.

I always bill directly, not via Roku, because I have some non-Roku devices that I want to use the service with. If you bill via Roku, you could be limited to Roku only (no mobile app, other streamers, etc).

@ConfusedUser1 wrote:

I saw an indication where there are 17 responses to my problem but I don't understand how to access the answers. This site is very confusing. Someone help me out, please.

There has been a troll responding to several posts recently, and it seems that either Roku has stopped that person, or that person got tired and decided to go bother someone else. That could explain the notices of responses and the lack of actual responses when you go to the page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @ConfusedUser1, @DBDukes gave an excellent answer that we would encourage you to reference. To further speak to your concern, you are able to start free trials through the Roku Channel and this will be tied to your Roku login. After the trial ends, you will be billed directly to the billing information you have on your Roku account. For channels outside of the Roku Channel, you will have to start an account with that particular company (ex. Apple TV), and this would be separate from Roku. You are able to cancel either of these whenever you would like by using the star function on your remote! For more information on how to do this, please see below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Highlight the channel you wish to cancel using the directional pad in the center of your Roku remote
  3. Press Star on your remote to open the options menu
  4. Select Manage subscription to view the renewal date and access additional options
  5. To unsubscribe, select Cancel subscription. A message will appear confirming the duration of continued access, content, and services.
  6. When prompted, select Cancel subscription. Roku will display a message confirming cancellation and your last day of access.
  7. Select Done

You can also login to my.roku.com online to manage your trials and subscriptions after logging in if this is easier for you. If there are any questions that weren't answered so far or if you have any other issues please let us know!

0 Kudos