Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Roku, a billion dollar company and no one is home?

You have never tried to contact Emotiva in Franklin TN!!!  They are actually worse that Roku.  lol

0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: Prospective customers!! Please read for your protection.

When I bought my first Roku some three years ago. there was a phone number to call, but that is LONG gone.

0 Kudos
Level 13

@Visiter555 wrote:

When I bought my first Roku some three years ago. there was a phone number to call, but that is LONG gone.

Allow me to expand this one further.  Roku has moved on from being a simple customer orientated company to a more indirect involvement with their customers a long time ago.  I used to call up the same Roku's own customer service number you used.  Now I don't need to communicate with them anymore than they want to speak directly with me. 

They are now a large corporation with licensing their own OS or purchase of their built in devices and televisions with Roku's own tech or more likely their ad pushing their primary #1 focus.  Eyeballs are the only thing that matters now.  Not some sort of misplaced or ignorant loyalty

Level 8

Totally agree 

0 Kudos
Level 18

Instead of whining why dont you people lay out your problems here.

This is a Troubleshooting Forum.

Getting your hand held over the phone may make you feel better but

is less efficient in solving problems.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: There is no support

Thanks for the help eveThank you so much for this. I was into this issue and tired to tinker around to check if its possible but couldnt get it done. Now that i have seen the way you did it, thanks guys
with
regardsryone!

0 Kudos
Level 13

@boogernose wrote:

Instead of whining why dont you people lay out your problems here.

This is a Troubleshooting Forum.

Getting your hand held over the phone may make you feel better but

is less efficient in solving problems.

Actually, this is more of a venting frustrations/directed to the right department and/or simple entertainment vehicle for Roku users.  If it goes beyond this, it becomes something a forum should NOT be. 

Volunteering so a hugely profitable corporation be allowed to make more money off someone else's back.  Intentionally or not is something no sane person will participate in.  That is the reason why a smart corporation pays it's call/chat center fields to communicate with or directs contacts over to when needed.  Anything else is vulgar and basically and fundamentally exploitive.

0 Kudos
Level 18

@Iona-D  this certainly is intended to be a Troubleshooting forum.

You never post useful information and are usually always off-topic

with mindless rants that leave people thinking Huh? What?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 13

Maybe you simply deserve to be treated as such.  I simply like to express myself.  Nothing more as I don't volunteer.  It takes someone's paying job away.   Like the FORMER Roku employees that manned the FORMER. Call Center before March, 2020.

BN, you didn't seem to mind me posting my Spaghetti recipe way before your mean and baseless attacks started.  That is not even this forum is all about.  Do be careful as things could go way of and might just rapidly escalate down to The Capital Building attack just last week.  I don't need that $hitty vibe right now.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sold my Roku and on Amazon firestick with great support if needed. Sold the Roku around the same as I purchased it so lost no money. Do yourselves a favor, get rid!

0 Kudos