Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks Roku Going To Firestick

This is the WORST thing I ever purchased! It works when it decides to and drives you insane trying to get it to work!! Thank God I have a Firestick. I'm giving my Roku away for only shipping charges! 

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

complaint

Bought a new one and spent hours trying to install. Never could. Absolutely awful product. Anyone who buys this junk is asking for trouble.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: complaint

Truly a junky product

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Roku

Roku's as all things Tech take a certain amount of wherewithal and competence.

If one is up to it Roku's are very fulfilling. Some if not most NEVER have problems.

Your frustration is duly noted. Glad we could be of help.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Level 16

Be sure to do yourself and the next guy a favor and do a factory reset on the Roku before giving it away.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku

How do you survive without Customer service over the phone. What a bull**bleep** company that blames the situation for inadequate service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

I've owned Rokus since 2008.

"Difficult to setup" has never been a way I'd describe them. 

Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
Highlighted
Level 12

@KRoach wrote:

How do you survive without Customer service over the phone. What a bull**bleep** company that blames the situation for inadequate service.

Because Amazon offers you phone support for your firestick? Come on, you're just trolling now.

Highlighted
Level 16

@KRoach  @Reneedec68  @f1sher 

Why you wouldnt simply outline your problem here and allow us to try and help

is beyond me.

You can sit there and tell us what a bunch of doodoo's we are or you can outline your problem.

What do you suppose this forum is for?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I understand their frustration... yes, the device is easy to install & use until update 9.3 which has rendered the device unusable because it connotes find & connect to a home wi-fi network.  I've tried everything including the factory reset & all I've accomplished is to have my account now show no linked devices.  Of course I'm still being billed for premium services I can't access. I reputable company would work harder to satisfy their customers.

0 Kudos