Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CParker
Level 9

[SPAM ALERT] New User no posts PM'ing me

Jump to solution

Getting private messaged by a new user, with zero posts, requesting I contact them via email. They show gmail accounts. None of the names match.

I've gotten 3 of these from 2 different new users. This is a scam, folks. Don't do this. Don't email them. Don't click any links. Maybe Roku support can figure out how they're creating logins.

Chief Technology Officer, Barge Captain/mechanic/deckhand/dock hand, Cook, Lawn care and vehicle maintenance.
Yep.... I'm retired. :D
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: [SPAM ALERT] New User with no posts PM'ing me

Jump to solution

@CParker @Tivoburkee Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing. We're investigating these spam accounts and working to help eliminate this issue. 

If anyone receives a private message from someone that is not myself or @RokuDanny-R , and they are requesting any personal/private information, DO NOT reply or provide any information to the user. Please use the option to 'Report' the private message. This button appears below the text of the private message, on the lefthand side.

Please also feel free to send me or @RokuDanny-R a private message to report the behavior and we will follow up directly to take appropriate action. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@CParker 

Thanks for the note.

We will contact you for further information so we can investigate.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Jump to solution

Me too, three PM's from two new users. Bobwills & Loveth22

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@CParker @Tivoburkee Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing. We're investigating these spam accounts and working to help eliminate this issue. 

If anyone receives a private message from someone that is not myself or @RokuDanny-R , and they are requesting any personal/private information, DO NOT reply or provide any information to the user. Please use the option to 'Report' the private message. This button appears below the text of the private message, on the lefthand side.

Please also feel free to send me or @RokuDanny-R a private message to report the behavior and we will follow up directly to take appropriate action. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos