Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku is outsourcing support to its customer base - and people do it for FREE

Just wanted to put this out there. I've been a Roku customer since 2012, so I am no newbie to the technical side of Roku. At one time, I was able to contact Roku for support. I recently needed technical support and got it here. I appreciate it. However, Roku is essentially outsourcing support to its customer base via the community support option and people are providing technical support for FREE. This is not right. Roku is not offering phone support at this time, and chat is not an option either (I am hard of hearing so chat is preferable for me). Other companies have swiftly moved to at-home phone and chat support models- why can't Roku? And no, I am not buying the current situation as a reason- I am accepting it only as an EXCUSE. Roku, you could do right, and better, by your customers by providing a level of service your paying customers deserve. As a result of your abhorrent customer service, I am now looking at Amazon's Firestick as an option. #Firestick #Amazon #DoBetterRoku

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Roku is outsourcing support to its customer base - and people do it for FREE

I am not sure if shifting customer support to the forum participants is a good long term idea either.  What Roku might be doing is setting up itself to potential lawsuits if someone intentionally or unintentionally posts .poor or even dangerous advice for problem solving.  Time will tell if this will occur. 

Forums are supposed to be a user base support group.  Nothing more.  It's more of an entertainment sort of activity.  I hope Roku does not make anything more of these forums than that.  Set up at least a Chat Line.  Even Amazon has a nice one.   

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku is outsourcing support to its customer base - and people do it for FREE

I really like the idea of chat line Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@PriceJM72 

Thanks for the post and your concerns.

We're happy you're enjoying the Roku Community. Rest assured that we have support here on the Community and monitor the forums to jump in as needed. If you're in need of support, go ahead and post a new topic or send me a PM directly. Billing issues can be handled by our billing team at http://support.roku.com/contactus or by logging into your account and managing subscriptions there.

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 12

Nice to know that there is 1 real live person left at Roku HQ.  Who is not a Bot!!

0 Kudos