Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAGO
Binge Watcher

Roku Ultra suddenly turns on and Remote Finder starts beeping

I just purchased a Roku Ultra.  It is connected via a wired network.  The Roku Ultra will be turned off when suddenly  the remote finder starts beeping. I look at the Roku box and it is now on.  I hit a key to silence it but the sometimes it doesn’t shut off and sometimes it does but the prompt on my TV is still counting down telling me to hit any key on the remote.

I’ve logged an incident with Support buy no idea when this will be fixed or if it’s a systemic issue.

Anyone else having this problem?

126 REPLIES 126
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra suddenly turns on and Remote Finder starts beeping

I accidentally bumped the button on the Ultra and triggered it, but it stopped when I pressed a remote button. Any chance that something fell against the side and pressed the button?

By the way, unless you disconnect the power your Ultra is never turned "off". It enters a sleep mode, but it's still powered up and something hitting that side button will set the Finder off. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RAGO 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

Once we have your information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look into further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
Kingfroggy
Reel Rookie

My new 4800X-Roku Ultra, X01000CL45PL, 9.41 * build 4212-C2 was turning my TV on, changing to HDMI3, and playing the find remote beep at random times.  I disabled the ability to turn the TV on and switch to HDMI3, but the remote still goes off at random times and also between 7  AM and 8 AM every day. I would love to be able to use the function to turn the TV on and switch to HDMI3, but can't even deal with that until the random "find remote" stops. Thank you.

George919

I just purchased a new Roku Ultra yesterday and I get the same.  The Roku Ultra box turns on by itself and makes the remote control beep until I hit a key on the remote to make it stop.  This has happened like 10 times in 24 hours.  ANNOYING!!!!  Roku please fix!

RAGO
Binge Watcher

Roku never got back to me with a solution for this.  However, it has stopped doing it.  The only thing I did differently was that I relocated my Sonos that was right next to the Roku box.  Not sure that had anything to do with it.  Other than that I’m still waiting on Roku to reply.  It is possible some other wireless was operating on the same frequency and setting off the find remote. It’s the only thing I can think of.

Remote starts whistling and turning on tv.

Brand new ultra installation. Seems like the find remote button will randomly initiate and the remote will start sounding. Also, will turn on tv when this starts. Battery level 100%. Updated. Wifi-good. Please help.

Isst
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote starts whistling and turning on tv.

Just received Roku Ultra today.  All works well but I am having the same problem.  Find remote signal goes off randomly.  Do I need to return the unit?  Thanks 

BAROHIO

I have the same problem. New Ultra on a  wired network and the remote finder is constantly going off. Has anyone figured out the issue yet?

RAGO
Binge Watcher

See my prior reply.  Roku never got back to me with a solution for this.  However, it has stopped doing it.  The only thing I did differently was that I relocated my Sonos that was right next to the Roku box.  Not sure that had anything to do with it.  Other than that I’m still waiting on Roku to reply.  It is possible some other wireless was operating on the same frequency and setting off the find remote.