Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pr627
Level 7

Roku 2 Model# 3000X used price

What would you guys buy or sell a used Roku 2 for if it was in good working condition? Curious cause it seems like the older models cost almost as much as the new ones.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
twiceover
Level 11

Re: Roku 2 Model# 3000X used price

$15 shipped if you're lucky.  Even the 3600 streaming stick is a much better device and can regularly be found for $35 or lower.  I threw away my XS units.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

"pr627" wrote:
What would you guys buy or sell a used Roku 2 for if it was in good working condition? Curious cause it seems like the older models cost almost as much as the new ones.

Depends if you meant the early 2010's Roku 3 (XD/XS) or the newer Roku 2s from 2014 or newer..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
pr627
Level 7

early Roku 2. this one has the HD in big letters on the top of box. Think it came out in 2011.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"pr627" wrote:
early Roku 2. this one has the HD in big letters on the top of box. Think it came out in 2011.

You couldn't give me that one. Far too old of hardware, doesn't support the latest wireless protocols, many newer channels either won't even appear on it, or work poorly if they do.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
wallydog
Level 7

I had a 2xd that I replaced with a 2017 Express I threw the xd out it will not support the newer apps . But the remote works with the Express so the remote in my opinion is worth more than the older Roku .
0 Kudos