Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the new forum login

I got an email about a week ago or so about a new change to this forum site something about being able to login to your forum site with your existing Roku account. But what about people like myself who have existing account with this site? Will I be forced to use my Roku account to login to this site and will I lose my existing post? :?:
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Questions about the new forum login

"SuperSapien64" wrote:
I got an email about a week ago or so about a new change to this forum site something about being able to login to your forum site with your existing Roku account. But what about people like myself who have existing account with this site? Will I be forced to use my Roku account to login to this site and will I lose my existing post? :?:

The email should have explained that if your Roku account email and your forum account email match, then all your past posts and your post counts will still be shown as the same account. But if the email addresses don't match, then you'll basically appear as a new forum user. So that's why they recommend making the email address match. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

"atc98092" wrote:
"SuperSapien64" wrote:

The email should have explained that if your Roku account email and your forum account email match, then all your past posts and your post counts will still be shown as the same account. But if the email addresses don't match, then you'll basically appear as a new forum user. So that's why they recommend making the email address match. 

OK let me see if I'm understanding you correctly I won't need to use the password for my Roku forum account anymore to login to this site? Instead I'll just one password for both my Roku account and this site?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

That's my understanding. The same account information you use on the Roku itself will be the same login email and password for the forum. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

So I guess I have will have no use for the password I'm using now for this site. :roll:
And I went back and read that email again and it says in the coming weeks this change will take effect. So who knows how long it will be before that change will take place I just hope that they have the curtsy to send us another email when the change takes place. Smiley Indifferent Smiley Wink
0 Kudos