Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Political Ads Gripe

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As a reminder of the Community Guidelines in place when posting in the Community:

Be kind, courteous, and positive when posting. The Community exists to help users. Posting abusive, obscene, harassing, hostile, defamatory, offensive, tortious, argumentative, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable content may result in loss of access to the Community. Roku reserves the right to remove any content at its discretion. 

I will be closing out this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Politics

I use ROKU to stream my cable apps when I'm not at home but have access to a Roku TV. (many times per week for the entire day) I can't believe I'm paying to watch Political ads!! I'm sure networks/cable companies and likely Roku get mega bucks to air these ads. If the ads were honest it might be different but many of them are obviously doctored video. They also repeat at every break, sometimes showing the same ad back to back! I repeatedly mute the sound so at least I don't have to LISTEN to them. Please make it STOP!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Politics

The ads are being placed by the channel you are watching. Roku is not putting them there. I've never seen a political ad on the Roku home screen, which is the only place Roku has control other than The Roku Channel. If you're seeing them there, you have a gripe with Roku. But if you're within any channel other than The Roku Channel, then Roku is not responsible for the ads you are seeing. Take it up with the provider of the channel you are watching.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Advertising on Roku

The Roku advertising has been sold to the Democratic National Committee.   I didn't realize how much advertising time is sold.   I am sick of hearing about Joe Biden and the lies he is spreading with all these one-after-another political ads.  

Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Advertising on Roku

Its not Roku at all. Its the Channels.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Advertising on Roku

Channels just use some ad provider and have little to no control over the ads that are shown (and really don't care as long as they're making money).  If the ads seem one-sided then that side has more money to spend on advertising.  Personally, I'll take all the money any candidate wants to give me, but my ad provider sucks.  :-(

Highlighted
Level 7

Disgusted by every other ad being political!

Why can’t you pay for commercial free like Hulu does? I’ve had it with all the political ads!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Disgusted by every other ad being political!

In the majority of cases, Roku doesn't provide or control the ads. Yeah, I'd like them all to just go away. I just use services that don't have ads, such as Netflix, Prime Video, or watch content from my personal media server. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos