Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Political Ads Gripe

As has been repeated several times, Roku is playing the ads they were paid to play (since they are an advertising business), not choosing "sides".

It is unclear as to why you choose to ignore this simple fact.

If you saw a billboard with an advertisement for a politician you did not agree with, would you attack the company who owns the billboard and call them "disgusting"? Or maybe the billboard manufacturer?  Same concept. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Politics

I agree we feel has too many political ads. I will stop using Roku. I let my friends know about how political you become.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Bi Partisan?

What’s with all of the anti Trump commercials?  Why are you choosing a side?  I have yet to see any political commercials that support opposition. Very disappointed with what I thought was a Democratic society. Shame on Roku!

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Bi Partisan?

I’m in total agreement which is how I found this here. I can’t believe this is what I HAVE to watch in order to finish a movie. I’m sick of politics and people trying to persuade me when I’m on a Roku to get away from it all!

Highlighted
Level 7

Every live streaming app on my Roku pushes 2 or 3 Biden commercials out of the 6 they show.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

So? If the Trump campaign were buying ads on Roku, you'd see that, too.

It is possible that the channels you are watching are targeted to a specific demographic and that's the demographic the Biden campaign wants to reach. I don't know if the Roku is capable of that level of specificity.

Highlighted
Level 7

I'd prefer to no see Trumps too.  Its the exact same commercials on the History app, Roku Channel app, FXX app and several others.   

Highlighted
Level 9

Weak argument.  And, if the Democrats are buying that many ads on Roku, it shows how desperate and pathetic they really are.

Highlighted
Level 9

The "exact same commercials as on History Channel........"

Yeah, Democrats are notorious for repeating the same stale phrases and statements they make, and this is reflected in what THEIR fake news media state, verbatim, word for word.  CNN, MSNBC, NYT, Washington Post, and all the rest of the leftist sites.

Highlighted
Level 8

On the one hand I feel the same way with all the political ads I see from BOTH parties, but on the other hand there are laws about rejecting ads from some sides if accepting political ads at all. Telling a particular politician they can't have their ads can result in legal issues.

In six weeks it will no longer be an issue.

0 Kudos