Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Political Ads Gripe

Is there any way you guys could take the jackassery to reddit or 4chan or wherever you guys hang out now?

There is no reason to spark a political debate on a streaming media player forum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just Want to know why they play the same ads over and over. Doesn’t even matter the politics of it. It’s like Chinese Water Torture. Unless you work for ROKU, don’t tell me what I can and cannot do on a public forum. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Your question was asked and answered. 

Also, nobody told you what to do. I asked if you could move your claims about lies, etc. to an appropriate place. Maybe you missed this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Political ads

I see the ads on the ROKU CHANNEL, not just other channels. Its disgusting

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

If Roku is playing political sides with what ads they are choosing, then this IS a political issue.  For those complaining, it appears they are supporting an anti-Trump, anti-conversative, anti-Republican narrative, and have no business telling the other side to take their messages off.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

As has been repeated several times, Roku is playing the ads they were paid to play (since they are an advertising business), not choosing "sides".

It is unclear as to why you choose to ignore this simple fact.

If you saw a billboard with an advertisement for a politician you did not agree with, would you attack the company who owns the billboard and call them "disgusting"? Or maybe the billboard manufacturer?  Same concept. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

Every live streaming app on my Roku pushes 2 or 3 Biden commercials out of the 6 they show.   

0 Kudos