Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Political Ads Gripe

Each day I’m inundated with biden ads that lie.  So sick of lamestream media that can’t at least show both sides.  The left can’t win with the truth, so they’ll lie instead.  I have many conservative friends who are just as sick.   

Try being unbiased.    

24 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Ads that lie about Trump. At least show the (Right) side ads as well.

Roku sells ad space to whoever buys it where you live. If Biden's the only one buying ads for your state or city, that's what you'll see. It's not Roku's fault if Trump isn't buying ads in your area. 

Highlighted
Level 9

There are lies and degradation of Trump everywhere.  Now even on a Roku forum?  SICK!

Highlighted
Level 12

People, Roku doesn't create the ads or show just what they want. Roku is an advertising medium just like the newspapers, magazines, radio, and broadcast TV. They sell advertising to whomever wants your eyeballs to see it. Roku is the seller, advertisers are the customer, and YOU are the product. That's how it works.

Highlighted
Level 8

Not good to become a politically active Roku.

Highlighted
Level 7

Political ads

if roku doesn't take all the political ads of their channels in going to cancel everyone of my subscriptions and throw my device in the trash. I got roku so I wouldn't have to see all of that trash and all the other commercials. They play the same ones over and over back to back and in tired of it. 

Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Political ads

With the exception of The Roku Channel, Roku does not control the commercials you see on the various channels. I believe they do offer an ad service to the channel providers, but the channel providers control what is shown on their channel.

I too would prefer to never see another political ad again. I handle it by not watching any channel with ads if at all possible. I think YouTube is about the only one I use that has ads, but fortunately they don't seem to be political. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 15

It's election season. It's only going to get worse until November. With more and more people using devices like a Roku, you will see more and more political ads on streaming services. As noted, Roku can only control the ads on the home screen and in the Roku channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

@Mld2wldgt wrote:

if roku doesn't take all the political ads of their channels in going to cancel everyone of my subscriptions and throw my device in the trash. I got roku so I wouldn't have to see all of that trash and all the other commercials. They play the same ones over and over back to back and in tired of it. 

If Honda doesn't fix all the potholes on my local roads, I'm going to junk the car! I'm tired of them.

My point is, your assigning blame to Roku for the content of commercials, or even having commercials. You're obviously watching channel apps that are advertiser-supported. Hence, you're going to get commercials. We're also in the latter stages of a political season. Hence, political ads, ad nauseum

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Political Ads Gripe

I can’t take it anymore I went to Roku and I enjoy the service but they force you to watch these commercials and if you’re watching a few hours worth of shows you see the same Biden ads over and over and over I’m not kidding 90% of all ads are political. It’s like Chinese water torture. And counter productive.