Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mld2wldgt
Level 7

Political ads

if roku doesn't take all the political ads of their channels in going to cancel everyone of my subscriptions and throw my device in the trash. I got roku so I wouldn't have to see all of that trash and all the other commercials. They play the same ones over and over back to back and in tired of it. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Political ads

With the exception of The Roku Channel, Roku does not control the commercials you see on the various channels. I believe they do offer an ad service to the channel providers, but the channel providers control what is shown on their channel.

I too would prefer to never see another political ad again. I handle it by not watching any channel with ads if at all possible. I think YouTube is about the only one I use that has ads, but fortunately they don't seem to be political. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
andyross
Level 16

It's election season. It's only going to get worse until November. With more and more people using devices like a Roku, you will see more and more political ads on streaming services. As noted, Roku can only control the ads on the home screen and in the Roku channel.

0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 12

@Mld2wldgt wrote:

if roku doesn't take all the political ads of their channels in going to cancel everyone of my subscriptions and throw my device in the trash. I got roku so I wouldn't have to see all of that trash and all the other commercials. They play the same ones over and over back to back and in tired of it. 

If Honda doesn't fix all the potholes on my local roads, I'm going to junk the car! I'm tired of them.

My point is, your assigning blame to Roku for the content of commercials, or even having commercials. You're obviously watching channel apps that are advertiser-supported. Hence, you're going to get commercials. We're also in the latter stages of a political season. Hence, political ads, ad nauseum

0 Kudos
HildyA
Level 7

Re: Political Ads Gripe

I can’t take it anymore I went to Roku and I enjoy the service but they force you to watch these commercials and if you’re watching a few hours worth of shows you see the same Biden ads over and over and over I’m not kidding 90% of all ads are political. It’s like Chinese water torture. And counter productive.

optikhog
Level 13

Is there any way you guys could take the jackassery to reddit or 4chan or wherever you guys hang out now?

There is no reason to spark a political debate on a streaming media player forum.

HildyA
Level 7

I just Want to know why they play the same ads over and over. Doesn’t even matter the politics of it. It’s like Chinese Water Torture. Unless you work for ROKU, don’t tell me what I can and cannot do on a public forum. 

optikhog
Level 13

Your question was asked and answered. 

Also, nobody told you what to do. I asked if you could move your claims about lies, etc. to an appropriate place. Maybe you missed this.

0 Kudos
Arya
Level 7

I see the ads on the ROKU CHANNEL, not just other channels. Its disgusting

0 Kudos
musicbrain
Level 9

If Roku is playing political sides with what ads they are choosing, then this IS a political issue.  For those complaining, it appears they are supporting an anti-Trump, anti-conversative, anti-Republican narrative, and have no business telling the other side to take their messages off.

0 Kudos