Community Discussions

Connect with other Roku users to learn more about streaming, cord-cutting, finding your favorite content, or talk about the latest entertainment happenings. It's all on Roku!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Please Stop Trashing Roku

What is happening is people are buying cheaper low end Roku's and or Smart TV's

and are really incapable of doing their own troubleshooting. Or finding already Solved

threads and info and being proactive with their issues. Many struggle to post simple

support questions adequately. They will quickly blame Roku without really knowing

what the issue is. When I read someone ranting about how its all Roku's fault without

knowing what the problem is I immediately lose interest in trying to help them.

This frustration is counter-productive and I can appreciate why

maintaining support lines would be over-whelming. I've been getting burned out for

a while now. Every ones an expert and will Challenge everything. I'm pretty much out of here.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Gotta say, Booger, I don't take kindly to your comments. It's not "trashing" Roku if you can't get any help after spending hours going in circles; and for some of these folks, it has been a repeated effort. Roku is just fine on selling us products and services, but then are not available when there are problems. Danny boy just kept blindly sending everyone to the website which is mostly useless. Obviously, he was busy with copy, paste, copy, paste...sending us all back where we'd already failed. After you spend a couple hours looking for assistance, and then wash, rinse, and repeat, you have a right to get upset. You lumped us all together and tried to make it sound like we were unreasonable with poor Roku. Danny finally responded to me, but by then I'd fixed my own problem. Since it was obvious that there isn't much customer service available, I didn't see a point in making a purchase from them. I cancelled my order yesterday and immediately got what I needed from Amazon. It was delivered today. It really doesn't matter if Roku has the answers if they won't provide them to us. We shouldn't have to be driven to the point of frustration. Roku is a business; other businesses are making it work. I went all through the messages and saw the same lack of response repeatedly. Enough is enough.

Highlighted
Level 17

So I looked at your posts. Not one addresses any problem at all just

attempts and gripes over not reaching support. Over and over And you

claim in this final post you were able to fix your problem on your own.

Oh and of course your going to leave Roku and cancel whatever.

II guess Im supposed to care. Actually it will be nice if I never hear of

you again. Who are these people?

Did you need help with anything???? Oh its was nothing really apparently.

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Dear Mr. Boogernose --

I have a continuing problem, that other people have also reported, and I have yet to see a solution posted.

The continuing problem is that my Roku Premier which I purchased in April of this year just loses the connection and refuses to connect.

The Wi-Fi signal is strong (the device is right next to the repeater), I am capable of following instructions and have done so to no good effect. The only answer I have found (and it doesn't always work) is to unplug the device, not for a few moments, but for several hours, and then plug it back in.

I posted on this matter and have yet to see a solution, and there is no where that I can find on this website where I can even email someone and ask for a replacement for a faulty device.  In the meantime I am paying subscription costs without the benefit of receiving the service.

In a situation such as this, I think it is perfectly reasonable to complain about the lack of customer service. That is not "trashing" Roku, that is expressing a legitimate complaint. Roku has the ability to solve the problem -- give decent customer service, and the "trashing" will end.

Highlighted
Level 17

This Thread was opened because many people immediately start ranting about how bad

Roku is and theyre leaving the Platform and this and that without focusing on what theyre having issues with. especially in clarity.

The attitude will get you ignored because its rude.

However I have read you previous posts now and think you do have a viable complaint.

You should send your info and problems to @RokuDanny-R directly.

Click on his name and send him a PM. I dont think youve delved into this business of trashing Roku at all.

In fact it seems youve been patient. Thank You.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Flieg 

Thanks for the post.

I received your PM and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos